Sunday 19 April 2015

fayose begs the opposition; forgive me, am not perfect

Ayodele Fayose, Ekiti state governor, asked those he might have offended, for forgiveness saying that “there is no perfect man"

Governor Ayodele Fayose

Speaking during a special prayer session on April 17, Friday, Fayose said he was ready to cooperate with the opponents for the sake of peace in the state, The Punch reports.

The session was organized for the governor in Ado-Ekiti to mark his recent victory at the Supreme Court in the casechallenging his eligibility for the election in the state.

It should be recalled that  19 Ekiti APC lawmakers issued a notice of impeachment to the governor over allegations of impunity, violence and stalking among other constitutional breaches

In his Friday speech Governor Fayose noted:

“If they say someone has enemies, I’m number one in the world. But God has been merciful and has been helping me to overcome my challenges.

“I need your prayers because it will strengthen me more. I’m here in the mosque to thank God.

“All I want is peace. I have a constitutionally guaranteed tenure. A governor is judged by his achievements in office. All I’m interested in is to bring development to my people. My opponents know if I have a rest of mind I will achieve my objectives.

“All those I have offended should forgive me for the sake of the masses and orphans. They should know people gave me the mandate. Nobody is above mistake; they should forgive me.

“We are here to thank God and pray for peace. I’m appealing to those aggrieved to please allow peace to reign.


“There is no perfect man. They should allow peace to reign. All I want is peace that will energise development.

“Anything that can bring peace cannot be wished away. For me, I’m ready to accommodate everybody. Whatever they want we can sit down and talk.”

It is worth mentioning, however, that the Supreme Court has not cleared Fayose from facing criminal charges for his role in the Ekiti rigging scandal. The proceedings are ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment